So good they made him swear
I made these peanut butter cup brownies during the week (it is National Baking Week after all!) and then had to give them away to stop myself from eating them all and turning into either a brownie or a peanut butter cup or both. The report from one friend was that the brownie she gave her husband was so good it made him swear; I got a text saying it was “an amazing f-ing brownie”! If that’s not a good recommendation I don’t know what is.
Peanut butter cup brownies (recipe from Brandy’s Baking)
1. Melt 8 oz dark chocolate and 4 oz butter in a bowl in the microwave and stir until smooth. Whisk in 4 tbsp cocoa powder and 1 1/2 tbsp instant espresso powder then set aside.
2. Put 3 large eggs, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter and 1/2 tsp salt in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and stir well then fold in 1 cup plain flour.
4. Coarsely chop 20 mini Reese’s peanut butter cups and fold in to the mixture.
5. Pour the batter into an 8 inch square tin, lined with baking parchment, and bake at 180 C for 35 – 40 mins.