Grump grump grump
Sorry about the bad word, Mummy! This cake made me laugh though, and I’m pretty sure I should have made one for my boyfriend last week (and my colleagues, and my friends, and that guy in that shop …)
I was chatting to a blogger friend a few weeks ago about whether our blogs are accurate reflections of ourselves, or whether we adopt an online persona which our real selves can’t quite match up to. She said in real life I am just as I seem on my blog, but I’m not so sure. Everything I write here is true, and is truly me, but I am definitely much grumpier in reality! I deliberately don’t moan on here as I can’t imagine anyone would want to read that, but my friend requested an online grump, so here goes. Here are five things which have been making me grumpy lately:
1. The weather. It’s too hot, or too cold, or too wet, or all of the above.
2. My hair (most probably related to #1).
3. The cold I seem to have had for about a month.
4. Roadworks. And tourists.
5. My sore head. And sore ears. And sore throat. Did I mention I have a cold?
And just for a bit of balance, here are five things I haven’t already mentioned which have been making me not-so-grumpy lately:
1. A surprise trip to Rome for my birthday (less than 8 weeks to go!)
2. Signing the lease for my new flat (less than 3 weeks to go – eek! Might add packing to the grumpy list!)
3. Wearing sandals.
4. Being Auntie Kate.
5. Catching up with old friends.
So it’s not all bad really! I better get baking …